When you get involved in projects for the benefit of a cause or your community, you not only contribute to the development of the community, but also to your personal and professional development.
Volunteers learn, volunteers experiment, volunteers work as a team.
What is volunteering?
In short, volunteering is an activity carried out for the benefit of the community, voluntarily, unpaid, in an organized framework, through a non-governmental organization (NGO) or an action group. In Romania, volunteering is regulated by Law 78/2014. Although the financial benefits are lacking, volunteering is a win-win experience, with valuable benefits not only for the company, but also for the person who practice.
Volunteer opportunities within the Foundation:
- Activities within the socio-vocational day center;
- IT skills development workshops;
- Film / documentary viewing workshops;
- Foundation projects: promotion / organizational support;
- Educational support program for children from disadvantaged environments;
- Specific events: Hike for a New Life, March for People with Disabilities, etc.;
- Socialization / recreational activities together with the beneficiaries;
- Sports and cultural-artistic activities;
- Educational, cooperation and social solidarity activities;
- Organization of hiking and outdoor activities
10 REASONS TO BE A VOLUNTEER
- You gain work experience in a field you are passionate about and gain new skills that will add consistency to your resume.
- Contribute to the development of the community in which you live and help those around you.
- You make new friends and interact with different people, so you form a network of contacts in various fields.
- You learn to work in a team.
- You can test if you have the skills needed for a particular career.
- If you have changed your place of residence, school or environment with which you were familiar, volunteering is an opportunity to integrate more easily into a new environment.
- Spend your free time in a pleasant way.
- You become part of an organization whose values you find yourself in and for which you want to fight.
- Practice your personal skills and talents and have the opportunity to improve them.
- You can find out what career you want to pursue, if you are unsure about your professional future.